Prebendaries of Leighton
- Theobald de Busar - Parson of the Church in the time
of King Richard.
- Robert de Hardres (died 1207) - Archdeacon of
- William de Ely (collated 1207) - King John's Treasurer.
- John de Sancto Egidio (holding the position 1240)
- Chancellor of Lincoln, 1239. Archdeacon of Oxford 1236 - 1244.
He was much embroiled with his parishoners at the Eyre of 1247.
- Peter de Audeham (died 1269) - Archdeacon of Bedford
1259 - 1269.
- Nicholas de Heigham (holding the position 1277)
- Archdeacon of Oxford 1275 - 1280. Archdeacon of Bedford 1277.
Dean of Lincoln 1280 - 1288. In 1277 he endowed the Vicarage,
granting part of the Prebend's income to the Vicarage. He died
1288, leaving suffient in his goods for the completion of the
Church at Leighton.
- Thomas Sutton (resigned 1292).
- John Fleming (collated 1292).
- Edward St John (succeeded 1301).
- Gilbert Middleton (succeeded 1314).
- James de Berkeleye.
- William de Ayremynne (Airmin) (succeeded 1319) - Presented
by the King. He resigned 1324 and was Bishop of Norwich 1325
- William de Weston (succeeded 1324).
- John de Podio Barsago (collated 1329) - He was an
Italian appointed by the Pope. He was Archdeacon of Stow and
subsequently Archdeacon of Winchester. He died in 1343.
- (John Dufford) - Presented by the King in 1342, under
the assumption that John de Podio Barsago had died. The appointment was
18th May 1342.
- Hugh de Normanton (died 1343).
- John de Pipa (collated 1343) - King's clerk. Died 1361.
- William de Pipa (collated 1361).
- William Ginewell (collated 1365) - Presented by the King 10th March
- John Evot (succeeded 1386).
- John de Stacy (collated 1387).
- William de Packington (collated 1389) - He was rector
of Ivinghoe, Archdeacon of Canterbury and Dean of Lichfield 1380
- John Thomas (collated 1390).
- Henry Bowett (holding the position 1391).
- Thomas Butiller (succeeded 1391).
- William Ashton, LL.D. (collated 1391?).
- Richard Clifford, LL.D. (succeeded 1392) - Dean of York and Bishop of
Worcester 1401 - 1407.
- John Elvet (collated 1400).
- John Prophet (collated 1405) - Keeper of the King's Seal, Dean of Hereford
1393 - 1407, Dean of York 1407 -1416. Died 8th April 1416.
- Thomas Field (collated 1416) - Dean of Hereford.
- Thomas de Walton (collated 1419).
- Richard Wyot (died 1439).
- William Wallesby (collated 1439).
- Thomas Walton (collated 1443).
- Peter de Asterio (collated 1451).
- John Holland (collated 1451).
- Peter de Taster (holding the position 1458).
- Edward Woodville (Wodevil) (collated 1466).
- John Ashby (collated 1470).
- Lionel Woodville (Wydevill) (collated 1471) - Bishop
of Salisbury 1482 - 1485.
- Robert Fleming (collated 1478) - Dean of Lincoln 1451 - 1483.
- William Pikenham (collated 1483) - Dean of Stoke Chase Collegiate Church,
- Hugh Oldham, A.M. (collated 1497) - Bishop of Exeter
1505 - 1519.
- Thomas Routhall (collated 1504) - Bishop of Durham 1509 - 1523.
- John Chambers, M.D. (collated 1509).
- Christopher Massingberd (collated 1549).
- John Madewe (Maydew?), S.T.P. (collated 1553).
- William Taylor, M.A. (collated 1553) - Installed by
proxy in October 1553, but deprived 24th August 1554.
- John Pope, LL.B. (collated 1554) - Archdeacon of Bedford
1554 - 1558. Buried in Lincoln Cathedral.
- Gabriel White, A.B. (collated 1558).
- Thomas Godwin (collated 1574) - Dean of Christ Church,
Oxford. Bishop of Bath and Wells 1584 - 1593.
- Christopher Folderby, A.M. (collated 1583).
- Amon Alnwick (collated 1612).
- Theodore Price, S.T.P. (collated 1621) - King's Chaplain.
Buried in Westminster Abbey.
- William Warre (collated 1631).
- James Duport, B.D. (collated 1641) - Dean of Peterborough.
- Abraham Campion, S.T.P. (collated 1679) - Dean of Lincoln.
- Samuel Harris, A.M. (collated 1701).
- Edward Wake, A.M. (collated 1708).
- Octavian Reynolds (collated 17th November 1732). Son of Dr. Reynolds,
Bishop of Lincoln. He was Rector of Whethampstead from 1732.
Died 1773 and buried at Harpenden. Vicar of All Saints from 1759
- Robert Dowbiggen, M.A. (collated 1773).
- Edward Harvey Maltby, A.M. (collated 1794) - Bishop of Durham 1836 -
- James Morton (collated 1831). Died 1865. No record
of a prebendary from 1865 - 1868.
- Arthur Brook (collated 1868) - Vicar of Holbeach 1866 - 1872. Rector
of Hackney, London 1872. Retained prebend until 1890.
- William Glaister (collated 1890) - Vicar of Grantham.
- Thomas Skelton (collated 1908) - Prebendary of Southwell. Died 1915.
- James Foster (collated 1915) - Vicar of Tathwell and Haugham. Died 18th
- Thomas Erskine Swanzy, M.A. (collated 30th December 1926) - Vicar of
All Saints, Lincoln, 1919.