Methodist Chapels, Stanbridge
The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was located in Mill Road.
It was registered in 1870 by John Cooper. In 1972 the registration was
cancelled and the building part demolished. The remainder was incorporated
into Chapel House. Very little external evidence of the chapel remains.
The Primitive Methodist Chapel was located in Tilsworth
Road. It was registered in 1861 by Matthew Plummer, a bonnet maker of
Luton, and a trustee of the chapel. The chapel was used to hold the first
school in the village in June 1876.