The Methodist Chapel, Eggington
Methodist Chapel was built in 1845 on the site of a previous Wesleyan
place of worship. The schoolroom at the back is the oldest part of the
structure. The main building at the front is three feet higher than
the back, and was enlarged in 1867 by the addition of a balcony with
semi-circular topped windows facing the road.
The returns for the chapel in the 1851 Religious Census showed
that at the afternoon service there were 29 attendees, and at the evening
service there were
Congregations dwindled over the years and in 1983
the chapel was closed. The building is now used as a private house.